Mission Statement

Information disseminated through the traditional financial news outlets is often subject to a hidden agenda. At best the information is misguided and at worst deliberately misleading. With a combined 60+ years of experience in the financial markets, we intend to help the reader separate fact from fiction and expose the news that actually moves markets.

If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
–Mark Twain

RCM Manages the Fortune's Favor Family of Funds:

  • Fortune's Favor I (Long/Short US equity)
  • Fortune's Favor Offshore (offshore clients)
  • Fortune's Favor Precious Metals

Thursday, June 5, 2008

6/5T3:05 New Leaf

Today will mark the 1st day of the incredibly strict discipline of only trading the stocks that fit all of the Rules. I pledge not to put a single penny into an idea that does not fit the code. As I review my trades over the last weeks months and 2 years I only make money on these type of stocks. All other trading is holding back my performance. I also pledge to only short the market to hedge positions. By following this creed I must acknowledge that I will not be fully invested most times because there are not a lot of ideas that fit. I will be increasing the average position size to help offset the dearth of choice.

Stock: BIDU

1st candidate for new leaf portfolio is BIDU. This stock has all the necessary requirements and comes complete with a cup & handle and is today breaking above the 20day ma. All that is missing is volume. So we will buy 1/2 the position today and add to it as volume comes in.

2nd MPWR: Volume break out. Buy 1/2 at close and 1/2 on weakness in the 1st hour tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment