Mission Statement

Information disseminated through the traditional financial news outlets is often subject to a hidden agenda. At best the information is misguided and at worst deliberately misleading. With a combined 60+ years of experience in the financial markets, we intend to help the reader separate fact from fiction and expose the news that actually moves markets.

If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
–Mark Twain

RCM Manages the Fortune's Favor Family of Funds:

  • Fortune's Favor I (Long/Short US equity)
  • Fortune's Favor Offshore (offshore clients)
  • Fortune's Favor Precious Metals

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Never cross your fingers remix...

For all my loyal readers I'm back and ready to continue the guided tour up the treacherous mountain path that is the US and global financial markets. As always I will focus on the US equity markets but in this ever expanding global environment I will occasionally take you abroad.

Like any mountain path there are dangers that threaten to knock us off the mountain and send us plumetting to our financial ruin. It is therefore our job to put in place measures of saftey that we adhear to at all times even when the path seems clear. We will call this Money Management or Protection of Principal. We must also be constantly on the lookout so as to avoid major pitfalls and uncover easier paths. This part of our task we will call our Trading Technique.

A reminder, this blog is as much for you the reader as it is for me the trader. You will get a unique look into the mind of a master "stock operator" (see the book 'Remenissence of a Stock Operator' for that reference) I will blog my basic market thoughts whenever necessary and I will highlight Rules as they become useful in real life situations.

Until next time I will leave you with this thought:

You've got to play tight but aggressive and I do mean aggressive, because it is a war and no one is taking prisioners.

No comments:

Post a Comment